Welcome to the St. Augustine University of Tanzania [SAUT] Alumni Association web page. This web page offers members a means to network with each other, allows all SAUT Alumni to become members, and much more.
The purpose of the St. Augustine University of Tanzania [SAUT] Alumni Association is to actively support the mission and educational objectives of SAUT and to maintain a relationship with its alumni.
Advantages of Establishing Alumni Association:
As a private University, Alumni association may benefit the alumni, the institution, the faculty and the current students in many different ways.
- The Alumni association helps the Alumni Connect with their batch mates.
- It helps the Alumni to get updates from their University.
- It allows Alumni to talk to the faculty of their institution.
- The alumni Association helps them to find their schoolmates across the world.
- It also provides opportunities for professional growth and social interaction.
- Events can also be organised such as reunions etc for the Alumni.
- Alumni can participate to University decision making units as well as social events.
The Alumni association also benefits the institution in many ways:-
- It creates Brand Recognition for the institution.
- Can be used to generate income and create jobs e.g. creating income generating activities.
- Placements can be organised with the help of the Alumni which help the current students.
- The Alumni Association helps to generate additional income with the help of which the institution can help needy students and will also work as goodwill for the institution.
- Alumni network can be used as source of new students, consultancy and research activities.
- Alumni networks can also used to loosen red tapes from various dealings of the University staff and students.
- Career guidance can be offered to the current students by the Alumni.
Objectives of the SAUT Alumni Association:
In line with the stipulations of the Universities Act and the University Charter, the Association shall:
- assist the University in attaining and maintaining a high level of academic excellence;
- help in promoting the image of the University;
- promote the Association nationally and internationally thereby ensuring its growth and survival;
- engage in a concerted effort at fundraising in order to enhance the financial position of the University;
- promote unity of purpose among Alumni through constant contact with all Alumni countrywide by establishing branches in various regions and foreign countries;
- serve as a forum for alumni;
- serve as an effective communication and information instrument amongst members, and between members and the University;
- support the University in attaining its strategic goals and objectives; and
- liaise with alumni associations and convocations of other tertiary institutions.
- Ordinary members – All graduates of the SAUT, and Academic Staff. Members will need to subscribe for membership.
- Honorary members – As will be deemed necessary by the Executive committee
- Corporate members – As will be deemed necessary by the Executive committee
The registered members and pledged their contributions and they are still in the process to deposit through Account No. 01J1053964004 CRDB
Friends of SAUT Alumni Association
We welcome friends from all over the world who would like to become friends of the SAUT Alumni Association; such friends would be husbands, wives, friends, parents, sponsors, co-workers of a SAUT alumni or any person who wish to become a friend of the Association.
If you wish to join our Association or become a friend of the Association, you can write to us through email@example.com you can deposit your contribution through CRDB Account No. 01J1053964004. We will publish your name in our website